Hendrik Baird, Certified non-medical Hypnotherapist (SAIH).
You Deserve to Feel Great.
I’m Here to Help.
As a certified non-medical Hypnotherapist, my passion is to assist people to make the changes they desire.
I am Hendrik Baird, a Consulting Hypnotist practising in Centurion, Pretoria. I studied Hypnosis at the South African Institute of Hypnotism (SAIH).
I hold the following qualifications from SAIH which are all accredited by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) which is an international standards body:
1. Certified Parts Therapy Facilitator
2. Certified Hypnotherapist CHT (non-medical)
3. Resource Strategist.
I have completed several speciality-training courses that include Stop Smoking and the Roy Hunter Pain Management/Spiritual Journey courses.
I have also received speciality training from Thomas Budge and Yvonne Munshi in advanced Hypnotherapy for Habits and Addiction.
I am I am a member of the Hypnosis Guild of Southern Africa.
I am very active in the hypnosis community and regularly write articles on the topic. I have a podcast series in which I interview working hypnotherapists and other people in the hypnosis field.
I studied Drama at the Univeristy of Pretoria and I have worked as an actor, as well as being an arts administrator in community arts. I managed a large developmental arts festival.
I have worked in HIV prevention as an LGBTQ+ activist.
I have extensive experience in media and, together with my son, have a company that specializes in content marketing, called Baird Media. I authored a book on the topic. I recently obtained a Master’s degree in Media and Journalism at Wits.
My passion for helping people resulted in my gaining certification as a hypnotherpist in 2010. I regularly see clients and help them overcome their issues and problems.
As a professional Hypnotist, my mission is to create a deep sense of well-being in every human life, one client at a time. I believe in the work that I do and the ability of hypnosis to empower people to make the changes they desire in their lives.
My primary purpose is to help each and every one of my clients reach their goals and I go out of my way to ensure that this happens to each and every one of my clients. I follow a client-centered approach, as I believe each person is a unique individual with his or her own unique problems and solutions. I adapt my therapy plan for each client to suit their personality and their problem.
Hypnosis is a powerful tool, which I use to help my clients reach the outcomes they desire, and I continually hone and improve my skills to best serve my clients’ needs.
My Code of Ethics
- I respect the privacy of my clients and preserve the confidentiality of any information, whether written or verbal, acquired during the course of my work.
- I approach my work in a sober frame of mind and always put my clients first. I conduct myself in a professional manner and I uphold the integrity of the profession at all times.
- I have signed and abide by the Code of Ethics of the South African Institute of Hypnosis.
Terms & Conditions
- The session fee is payable in full within 48 hours of making the appointment. Appointments are only confirmed once payment has been received.
- There is a 48-hour cancellation policy. If cancellations are made without the required notice, the person making the booking will be responsible for full payment and costs of the appointment.
- No refunds will be given. Clients can arrange an alternative time once they have given the required notice that they are unable to attend a session as originally arranged. Sessions can be rescheduled no more than twice before a new session fee is applicable.
- This is a non-medical service and medical aids do not cover the costs.
- The services I offer are held out to the public as non-therapeutic hypnotism, defined as the learning of self-hypnosis to induce positive thinking, create commitment to change and to learn the techniques of self-hypnosis to produce self-control over physical experiences and emotional awareness.
- This use of hypnotism is not represented as any form of health care or psychotherapy, and I make no health benefit claims for my services.
- Hypnosis is not a substitute for medical care. I do not claim to nor do I diagnosis, treat, nor cure any medical or mental health conditions, instead offering tools of self-discovery and awareness to compliment any medical treatment prescribed by a medical professional. If any medical symptoms progress or become acute, the client agrees to seek medical attention from a licensed healthcare provider. In the event of a medical emergency or if feeling suicidal, please call or seek emergency help.
- The methods of hypnosis include relaxation, breath work, creative visualization, positive affirmation, self-awareness development and other techniques and may produce physical and emotional responses.
- Do always keep in mind that hypnosis is not a treatment or cure for mental illness, and people suffering from psychosis, suicidal depression, or persons that are on medications for psychological stability should only be hypnotised by their doctors or psychiatrists or by an experienced hypnotherapist with the client’s doctor or psychiatrist present or with their written consent.
- The services I offer are held out to the public as non-therapeutic hypnotism, defined as the learning of self-hypnosis to induce positive thinking, create commitment to change and to learn the techniques of self-hypnosis to produce self-control over physical experiences and emotional awareness. This use of hypnotism has not been represented as any form of health care or psychotherapy, and I make no health benefit claims for my services.
- Hypnosis is not a substitute for medical care. I don’t diagnosis, treat, nor cure any medical or mental health condition, instead offering tools of self-discovery and awareness to compliment any medical treatment prescribed by a physician. If any medical symptoms progress or become acute, the client agrees to seek medical attention from a licensed healthcare provider.
- The methods of hypnosis include relaxation, breath work, creative visualisation, positive affirmation, self-awareness development and other techniques and may produce physical and emotional responses.
Get In Touch
Protea Ranch, Vlakplaats 354-Jr, Centurion, Gauteng
Mon – Fri: 10am – 6pm
Weekends: 10am – 3pm